Monday, October 4, 2010

LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!

Well, the day has finally come. Today I started classes at Creative Circus. This morning I was nervous, but ready when I rolled into the parking lot.

I picked up my student ID at the front desk, chatted with some other students, and headed down to my first class, Strategy 1. My instructor, Jim McDonald, was awesome. He had some amazing stories about working with Jay Chiat at the beginning of Chiat-Day, and is a wise man with a young heart. Obviously its hard to judge a class based on the first day alone, but Strategy seems like its going to be a little bit of a review since I have a Marketing degree. Jim, described the class as "how to think like a client" so hopefully my experience on the dark side will serve me well.

I can't even get it in words how great it is to finally be at Creative Circus. I left school and tore in to my assignments as soon as I got home. Strategy is supposed to be one of the easier classes, but there is a lot of "suggested" work/reading for the class and I loved it all. Any qualms I had about quitting my 9-5 and going for it were completely erased today. This place is awesome!

Tomorrow I have Art Directing for Copywriters and Intro to Copywriting. I'm pretty worried about Art Directing since my last great work of visual art was in 2nd grade, but I'm here to get better so I'm going to go for it.

Sorry for the short post. I'll try to get more down as the week progresses.

One day down. Two years to go.

No comments: